Lord Jesus said: „Whoever does not take up his cross and follow in my steps is not fit to be my disciple”.
The Cross means saying of God, that all sufferings, which one He will admit, I want to accept without complaint and I will offer to Him for conversion of sinners, connecting them with the passion of Jesus.
What does it mean that I will offer? Simply in my thoughts I give my sufferings to God Father. I ask Him to accept my sufferings as He accepted Jesus’ Passion: for my salvation and other people. When I am on the Earth, I can give my cross for myself and for others. When I am suffering in purgatory, I can only suffer for myself.
What can be the good results of my cross?
1) My own purgation and sacrifice and going to Heaven,
2) helping those, who are living without God, to convert themselves and reach Heaven,
3) helping religious people to reach sainthood,
4) contributing to the release of souls from purgatory or to reduce their penalty.
How long do we have to bear the cross? It is the best to think: to the end of life. This, who do not give his life, let him know, that it is a great value to give God one day, one hour and even one moment of suffering, fatigue, hard work etc.
Who needs my cross? My nearests and also many people on the Earth and in purgatory. May be, I do not know them, but God knows, who they are.
What does it mean to „come together my own cross with passion of Christ”? This is very important to understand it. Our sufferings have almost no value if we suffer alone, but they are valuable if we offer them to God Father through Christ. Jesus said: „No one goes to the Father except by me” (Jn 14,6).
1) The easiest is to give to God Father our cross during the Holy Mass. It is the best to do it in a spiritual way this moment, when the priest prepares and lays on the altar bread and wine.
The second important moment comes when the priest takes up transsubstantiated Bread and Wine into Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, giving Them to God Father in offering (says: Through Him, with Him, in Him, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all glory and honour is Yours, almighty Father, for ever and ever.) Then is very important my confirmation of Christ’s offer, of Church and of mine by my word Amen.
2) In the hour of Jesus death (3 in the afternoon) we can offer ourselves. Many people all over the world pray at the same time and some priests gives blessing to everybody in the name of Trinity. I can imagine, that I am knilled to the cross together with Jesus. Together with Him I offer myself to Father for salvation of people.
3) Every morning I can cross myself with a big sign of cross, including all my day and all its events. At the same time I can express the words of the Mass’offertory: „Through Him, with Him, in Him, in the unity of the Holy Spirit…”
4) Every moment, when suffering phisical or spiritual, life’s sorrow or difficulty comes, „I take (immediately) my cross”, saying to God Father, that I accept and take the suffering (this difficulty) for conversion of sinners.
If I do not say clearly to God: „I do not want to carry my cross”, I am carrying all the time every day and every hour, even if I do not think or remember. The only condition: to say earlier God: Yes.